Wednesday, January 23, 2013

"Winter" in Florida ??









Let's be honest, there is not really winter in Florida.  I thought it was super cold this morning.  So, when we went to the park for lunch I grabbed jackets.  When we got there, I was regretting wearing long sleeves.  Oops.    However, it has been super nice weather this past week.  Perfect for playing outside.  Luckily, Kaylie had a 4 day weekend from school, so we had the perfect opportunity to get together with friends.  I grew up with the Johns family.  I was at their house often, they were at mine, our parents were good friends, etc.  Hanna has been my friend since we were very little and we call each other cousins.  So, this past Monday all of the "Johns" children joined us at the park.  We see each other pretty often, but not usually with allllll of the kids.  I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to get all of them in a picture together.  

This is what happened:


Left slide: My Girls, Kaylie, Myla, and Brynlee

Middle Slide: Morgan's Kolin is holding Hanna's Landon

Right Slide: Haley's Evan is holding Abigail, with Paityn in front


Despite all of the craziness of that picture taking attempt, the kids had a great time!
Brynlee and Landon are exactly one week apart.

He is just so cute and always happy!

Evan and Myla

Kaylie made it to the top!


I had to put the lunch box in there so that she didn't lean forward and choke herself on the swing.

Landon had his big beautiful belly to hold him in ;)


The innovative Johns girls came up with the perfect solution!





Yesterday, I told Myla we could run to the library.  On the way I realized it was closed (they have really weird hours), so we made a quick stop at Jigg's Landing.  This is the location of Kaylie's 6th Birthday Party and the family pictures that Ashlie took.  It's about one minute from our house.  It was so beautiful.  Also, it was nice because Brynlee could get down and roll around on the fake grass or go in the baby swing.  So, today we took our lunch there to eat a picnic and play for a bit.  It was beautiful!


She is still trying to figure out those puff things.

God's creation was our view!

She gave up on the puffs and went for Myla's lunch.
This girl LOVES the swing. Like seriously LOVES it!







  
I had to use my cell phone as the "carrot on a stick" to get her to crawl through the tunnel.
 I have really been enjoying taking the time to have fun with the girls and breathe in a little bit of God's creation this week.  I hope that Myla can look back and remember having fun with her mom and her sister. 

No comments:

Post a Comment