Friday, January 6, 2012

Pregnancy: 24 weeks

I'm 24 weeks tomorrow.  That means I probably have about 15 weeks left (Myla was 9 days early).  That is way too long.  The main thing I have learned this pregnancy: I am not a good pregnant person.  Besides getting so sick for Week 5-15, I'm uncomfortable, crabby, emotional, tired, moody, and just blah.  I wish I was better.  I wish I was one of those girls that feel better when they were pregnant and just glowed!  So, despite the fact that I really wanted 4 children, I will be doing everything in my power to not get pregnant again.  I am not ruling out adoption to get a boy though.  Of course, I'm not counting on that happening either.

I am definitely feeling better than I was though.  I haven't officially "gotten sick" in weeks and my ability to eat has definitely improved.  I even got to eat a few sweets over the Christmas season without becoming miserable. 

I'm very excited to be able to fully decorate the baby's room this time.  We lived in apartments with both Kaylie and Myla and therefore couldn't paint the walls, etc.  I have almost chosen the bedding and once I have that I can officially start the decorating process. 

I am a little worried that this sweet baby girl will not have a name when she comes.  I am terribly picky about names.  I have looked through lists and lists and I just can't find a name that feels right.  Then comes the challenge of Justin and I agreeing! Kaylie is set on the name Sarah and was quite upset when I mentioned the name Brooklyn because she did not want to name her after a village! Myla used to always suggest "Cat", but recently suggested "Stacey".  I feel as though she was meaning to say something else because I have no clue where she could have come up with that name!
We might finally have a name now, but it is still not official because it doesn't quite have everything I want in a name.
I jokingly call her "Kevin" after the mother bird in the movie Up.

"Kevin" has been more and more active.  Many people have been able to feel her move, including Kaylie! She was very excited to feel the kick.  Myla loves to talk about the baby and say that she felt a kick even though she didn't.  We are all very excited to meet "Kevin" in April!
22 weeks on Christmas Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment