Thursday, July 28, 2011

"Girl Boy" vs. True Girl

My girls are just so different.  Besides both being my daughters, it is really hard to think of things that they have in common.
I could tell a major difference when I was pregnant with Myla.  That's why I thought I was having a boy.  With Kaylie, my morning sickness was frequent and sporadic.  With Myla, it was more predictable and a lot more manageable. In the womb, Kaylie kicked all the time, hard.  Myla would stretch and move around and then be still. 
Kaylie: dark hair, tough, likes to play in the dirt, not scared of much, very outgoing (almost too friendly), very active, ran all over the place everywhere we went as a toddler, plays with cars, wants the boy toys at McDonalds, and wants to be boys for Halloween
Kaylie, 2 1/2 yrs old

Myla: blonde hair, wimpy, doesn't like to be dirty, scared of stupid things, extremely shy (didn't speak to my friend for the entire day that she babysat her recently), calm and cuddly, will actually stand right next to me while waiting in line, plays with dolls (for longer than 3 minutes! Gasp! She's really a girl!), wants the girl toys and was a princess for Halloween!
Myla, 2 1/2 yrs old

Another huge difference I saw early on was their sleeping patterns.  Kaylie was a mess from the first night. Night time, naps, it was just not good.  I think she was about 9 months when we finally had some control of it all.  I remember walking her around our small apartment in the stroller for about 15 minutes and then very carefully prop her against the couch so that she would stay asleep for...30 minutes.  Seriously, all of that for 30 minutes?  How did I do it? When I talked to other moms, I always wondered what I did wrong.  Then, I had Myla.  She was a wonderful sleeper.  I could lay her down and she would sleep! She would nap, like really nap, for an hour to an hour and a half, pretty early on!  It was amazing!  I realized that it wasn't my fault that Kaylie was such a bad sleeper!  As she said the other day "That's the way God made me!"
I'm so glad that they are so different!  It is amazing how God develops their personalities so early!  (And they don't fight over toys as often!)

No comments:

Post a Comment